Check out the video below for tips on arriving in Orlando and checking in at the Village, and view the entire video series for more great information.
- If you are flying to Central Florida you will arrive at the Orlando International Airport or Sanford Orlando Airport (if you are flying on Allegiant Airlines).
- As you exit the plane at the Orlando International Airport, please follow signs to the tram, which will transport you from your gate to the terminal area. At the Sanford Orlando Airport, please follow the signs to baggage claim.
- At that point, a Give Kids The World airport greeter will meet you. Look for a colorful sign with the wish child’s name on it.
- It is helpful for our team to have your cell phone prior to arrival. Please share your number with Give Kids The World by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are any flight changes or urgent situations, we can help.
- If you have any questions/concerns or you cannot find your greeter, contact our Airport office (407.825.2325) or Give Kids The World Guest Services (407.396.1114).
- Your greeter will escort you to the baggage claim area and your designated ground transportation (rental car or shuttle).
- If you have a rental car arranged, the airport greeter will review the driving directions from the Orlando International Airport or Sanford Orlando Airport to Give Kids The World Village.
- From Orlando International Airport, you can expect a 35 minute drive. You’ll need $2 in change to cover unmanned toll booths.
- From Sanford Orlando Airport, you can expect a 60 minute drive. You’ll need $8 to cover toll booths.
- If you are traveling to the Village using the Mears Shuttle Service, the airport greeter will assist you with catching the shuttle. Then, you can sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery.
- If you are arriving by train, special arrangements will be made to greet you at the Kissimmee Amtrak Station.
Checking in at the Village
- Welcome Home! Once you arrive to Give Kids The World Village, we will check your family in and show you to your villa.
- If you are staying at an off-property resort, you will still check-in at Give Kids The World Village in order to receive gifts and theme park tickets. Go ahead and bring the whole family into the House of Hearts for a warm welcome! Even though you’ll be sleeping at an off-property resort, you’re still welcome to visit the Village anytime during your vacation in order to enjoy all of our parties, venues, meals and amenities.
- For details on your reservations and hotel amenities, you may contact email@example.com.
- Once you arrive to Give Kids The World Village, you’ll be welcomed and escorted to your villa by a trained volunteer.
- After a brief tour of your villa, the volunteer will spend a few minutes explaining your family’s theme park tickets, as well as all of the Village offerings. You’ll receive goodies for the kids, a meal card, villa keys and the Village Guide, a reference book to virtually all of the details of Give Kids The World. (Keep in mind, the information is subject to change, but this will help guide you during the GKTW vacation. For real time information, check out our smart phone app!)
- If you’d prefer to go over this information at a later time, that’s ok! Just let the volunteer know the best time for your family and the GKTW team will take care of you!
- Don’t worry about grabbing a bite to eat on the way – we will have a meal option available for your family upon arrival.
- If you have family members that aren't a part of the wish but would still like to be near the Village, please check out our list of area hotels.